Saturday, April 4, 2015

2015 Reading Challenge: Let it Go

2015 Reading Challenge: A memoir
Let it go
Chris Williams
151 pages
Non-fiction

Chris Williams writes of the events that transpired before and after a drunk driver hit and killed his wife, unborn child, one of his three sons, and his only daughter. The author write about how different events in his life helped prepare him for his great trial and how he used the love of Jesus Christ to forgive the teenage drunk driver responsible.

I chose this book because of a Mormon Message I found a while ago about this man and his story. Reading this book made me think of my own life and all that changes I've been through and the trials and how the unexpected loss of my brother affected my life.

This book talks a lot about how Chris William's faith in the Savior Jesus Christ helped him to "let it go" so that he could continue to move forward with his life and allow the young man who made such a fatal mistake find peace. It was an eye opener because I know I so often judge people and think that the mistakes they made a long time ago are who they are now. But through the Atonement of Jesus Christ, we can change and align our will with His. Saying someone can't change is saying that the Atonement is null and void.

Let It Go was a really great book and I would recommend it to all. I think it will help put life into perspective and show how much God is aware of us and guiding us so that we can reach the potential that He put in us even through the hard trials we face in our lives.

I've included the Mormon Message as well... if you don't have time or don't want to cry while reading the book.



Yours,

Chuck

No comments:

Post a Comment