Friday, March 7, 2014

Life in the Office: In the Beginning

I've spent the last few months praying for my life to begin. This is the week of new beginnings. But let's go back 7 days ago...

I drove to Lehi for a job interview with a company that my friend, Leggs, told me about. I am extremely grateful to her for doing so. I had a really quick interview- fifteen minutes in fact. I drove 2 hours for a fifteen minute interview. Don't worry though, I had other matters to attend to... like visiting the RANSOMS!!! The Ransom family was in Utah to drop off their son, Elder Ransom, at the MTC. I met them in Orem where they treated me to a lovely lunch. It was so good to see them. Sister Ransom has such special place in my heart and I loved having the opportunity to see her and her family. 

Oh, ten minutes after my job interview I got a telephone call... they wanted to HIRE ME!!! I said yes, of course. Now I have a job! Yay!! I was home by the mid afternoon. And then Leggs gave me a call and had a place for me to live in Provo. I gotta hand it to Leggs, she sure has helped me out a lot in my life. 

That left me with a week to get everything figured out and get moved to Provo. It's been a pretty crazy ride. 

Friday, my mom got off work early and she showed up at home and dragged me to the local car dealerships in town. Yep, new job. New apartment. And a new car. All in one week. I'm grateful for my parents being so willing to help. Of course, my mom did "kick me out of the house". Haha. 

So Monday morning, Mom and I met at the bank and signed the paperwork. Then we headed to the dealership where I got my new car... a dark blue 2010 Chevrolet Cobalt. I hugged Mom and watched her drive off. I was on my own again.

It only took me about 15 minutes to pack my belongings in the car (not everything I own). I ate a quick lunch and tried to figure out how to open the trunk from inside. Haha. And, of course, I had to set up my radio presets. I couldn't take a 2 hour drive without my radio stations set ahead of time. As a back up I had a Lady Antebellum CD in. 

I made it to Provo in plenty of time. I helped Leggs finish cleaning and moving out, signed the paperwork, and got the key. Two hours later, I was all unpacked. (Like I said, not everything I own.) Leggs made dinner and then I was on my own... again.

This whole week has been a whirlwind. I made it through my first week of work. I know I'll enjoy the job but I hate feeling incompetent. I like being confident in what I am doing and know what to do, when to do it, how to do it. You get the picture. I think that is why I try to learn as fast as I can. Not a bad trait but also can make life tricky. I get the projects I'm working on at work done much faster than anticipated.

At the end of the day, I just have to count my many blessings. I know that the Lord has His own time. I've learned a lot about patience. And I know I have a lot more to learn in my life. However, I am so grateful for how smoothly this week has gone. Even with some bumps in the road, I made it to Provo in a newly acquired car and got moved into my new apartment. I'm learning how to be independent again. And loving it.

The lesson I've learned is: even when it feels like it'll never happen, don't give up because before you know it Heavenly Father will be answering your prayers. Have an attitude of gratitude.

Smile Always,

Chuck

No comments:

Post a Comment