Thursday, April 24, 2014

Smile Always Chuck Spotlight: Willow Trees

Wow! It's been a long time since I've done one of these. Well, technically I could say that my post from April 8th makes me smile always... haha.

Today I want to share my love for Willow Trees.


You may be asking what sparked this so I'll tell you. I was driving in town during my lunch when I saw this willow tree. I remember when I was a little girl (snicker) and I wanted a Willow Tree. In my head, they were SO AWESOME! I'm not sure what show made them awesome to me... hmm. Anyway, I wanted one so bad.

I thought it would be so cool to have a secret reading spot underneath the long branches. I think I imagined some sort of escape from the world. As I write this, I remember The Little Mermaid (one of my favorite movies from when I was little) and that scene where Ariel and Eric are in the row boat and they end up underneath that Willow-like tree. I thought that was so cool. Yes, I'm a dorky child. Another example of a cool Willow Tree Pocahontas and her Grandmother Willow- the talking Willow Tree.
















As I've grown up, I realized that most Willow trees aren't as awesome as they are in the cartoons. Unfortunately. But still, there's something so romantic and whimsical about the tree. Something mysterious to by discovered underneath the long-hanging branches.

They make me think of long ago summer  days when it was hot and I would sit in the shade of the trees in my yard on a blanket absorbed in a book. I miss those days. Hmm, that's what Willow trees make me think of... SUMMER!


And Summer makes me smile too! But more on that another time.

Smile Always!

Chuck



1 comment: